There is never sufficiently stress the role that budgets play in deciding the success of skateboards, and often there has to be a tradeoff between performance and the cost of the piece. Thus designing a board takes not just effort but a good understanding of what the typical target customer would want out of the skateboard. It could well be considered that the Yuneec E-GO 2 could be the best electric skateboard under 500 for the slew of features on offer at that range.
Table of Contents
Here the motor is just not powerful but packs in a few flexible features that make the skateboard one of the easiest to handle as well as one that the furthest of rides as well. The extra effort that has been expended in picking and choosing a motor that stands out for the sheer performance must be commended at all times.
- On offer is one of the strongest possible motor in terms of the wattage of power available at the wheels of the skateboard. This directly translates to a higher load carrying capacity that could match the ZBoard 2 Blue, the bench mark for a lot of top performances.
- With one of the most frugal of energy uses, the motor on the skateboard does offer a range of operation that simply is no easy match for the competitors. That it is indeed possible to incorporate an effective regenerative feature to the motor at such low cost is indeed commendable.
- Packing in a total of 400 watts the motor is one of the most powerful to be seen on a skateboard in this price range and brings with it a comfort level that is surpassed by few others.
- The extra stress on getting the motor just right has created a situation where the better part of the design efforts and costs has been taken up by the unit. Thus leaving little by way of leeway to the other aspects of the board design.
When a serious commuting option is being considered, the role of the lasting power of the board needs no special mention. The Yuneec E-GO 2 would take a rider to well over 18 miles and still farther if the terrain so suits the ride on a single charge of the battery. This is no mean feat and must be comparable to skateboards like the Action Blink S2, which are indeed competitors in this aspect of performance.
- The skateboard can be considered a serious commuting option for the range of ride offered on a single charge of the battery pack. The cost effectiveness simply cannot be beaten by other offering in the different skateboards available.
- The top speed of 12 mph is solely dependent on the better design of the motor which together with the regenerative action does provide a good operational range. Considering the cost per mile that the skateboard offers, it is seen to be one of the most economical transport options and it has the added advantage of being clean to use as well.
- The Yuneec E-GO 2 is far better in terms range as compared to the Inboard M1 the nearest competitor in terms of cost of board and with the most similar operational parameters provided.
- The long distance capacity of the skateboard does not match with the narrow board width that can cause unstable situations with the ungainly people. It thus does put a good restriction on the adaptability of the skateboard to accommodate the more out of shape folks so to speak.
The Thrill Factor
Most people that take to boarding do so for the principal reason that it is one of the most thrilling of pastimes possible. There never is quite beating the thrill that is had whizzing through streets and corners at high speeds. It does in many ways bring out the child in even the adults as well and can be considered an active entertainment option for many.
- Considering the cost incurred in the acquiring a skateboard, there really is no barrier as such in terms of capital outlay. Thus, boarding is for the most part an affordable pastime.
- The Yuneec E-GO 2 is for the better part made for the thrills. It has one of the most powerful motors available on a skateboard and provides one of the fastest rides possible.
- With a slew of safety features that get to adorn the skateboard, it is in a good sense a safe option to have around and a very practical one too.
- Despite the range and top speeds capable by the skateboard, it does sorely miss out on the pickup of speed factor very much. At times this would provide for a good experience too.
The Futuristic Design Aspects
It is possible to find a number of design factors that simply make the skateboard one of the futuristically designed ones. From the LED lights to the feature of regeneration that is possible with the motor during braking action, the board does take matters to a fine point of performance.
- Considering that when it comes to the high end of the skateboard performance, there would be little by way of separating factors that come to play. Thus, it is the less significant features that stand to differentiate the different products on offer.
- The futuristic design aspects help the Yuneec E-GO 2 stand out in the crowd of similar skateboards that does produce speed and range that are comparable.
- There are design aspects that help provide an added safety feature to the product that would keep the rider and the board safe in the possible unsafe conditions. Often features that are considered as decorative would get to play an important role in the greater visibility of the board under certain circumstances.
At times the need to provide creature comforts would push the cost of the skateboard to such high levels that it could push out the target consumer in terms of affordability of the product.