The Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 offers top throttling features for the best acceleration and deceleration actions during runtime. Incidentally it is called the top gear electric skateboard for the beginners. It can travel up to a maximum speed of 11mph and a range of 10 miles. The motorized rubber wheel generates a power of 24V supply to carry a maximum payload of 175LBs onboard the Canadian maple deck with 7 ply thickness. The rear motorized wheel is connected to a battery supply of 24-V. The battery construction is made with the high water resistant Lithium poly Phosphate.
The motor provides maximum traction and torque to push the board within the safety speed zone, while ensuring a reasonably good range. The three non motorized polyurethane wheels are designed to provide shock absorption, resistance to wear and tear, and friction free riding. For an advanced version review you can refer to the Acton Blink S.
Efficient Control Box
The control box of the Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 is hosed inside an aluminum alloy casing. It contains the onboard sensor, the battery and the in-board cables that connect the battery with the in-wheel motor. The improved version can be found in the review on the Pure Energy Electric Longboard.
- Skateboard Motor: The single wheel based motor generates sufficient torque and acceleration. The inbuilt power transmission assembly can turn the wheel at optimum RPM based on the modulating voltage supply. The control box is capable of regulating the current flow from the battery into the motor which can rotate it in dual directions (for the forward and reverse motion). The inbuilt mechanism of the windings within the motor accepts the input from the remote sensor onboard. You can vary the throttle by pushing the button in the upward direction for 3 seconds. You can see the throttle on light on the remote. This feature allows you to navigate the skateboard in the forward direction at variable speed. When you wish to reduce the throttle, you need to press and hold the button in the downward direction. Then you can decelerate the Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 and bring it to a stop. The controller also regulates the energy efficiency of the motorized wheel by supplying the battery power on demand.
- Skateboard Battery: The skateboard battery of the Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 is positioned at the rear side middle of the deck. The cables connecting to the motorized wheel are calibrated to zero loss during power transmission. The dimension of the battery (14.76” X 3.74” X 1.38”) and its net weight of 410grams makes it highly lightweight power source for the motor. According to the manufacturers, the charging time of the battery is approximately 4 hours. The 10 mile range provided by the battery and motor assembly may seem to be relatively low. But the system allows you to vary the speed and torque in random without taking extra power from the battery. This range of functionality is highly recommended if you are a beginner. You can easily explore the basics of working with the Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 on multiple terrains and road conditions safely.
- Skateboard Truck: The Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 truck is designed to provide maximum body balancing, center of gravity streamlining, and varying the navigation direction with the help of remote sensor. The maximum allowed acute angle of turning to the left and right is less than 90-degrees at moderate speed. If you are riding at the top speed of 11mph while turning, you need to lean your knees towards the turning direction, while keeping the upper body posture in a balanced position. The truck is supported by a strong metallic base plate and kingpin assembly. The torque generated by the rear motorized wheel passes through the entire length of the truck to push the non motorized wheel at the same speed. This mechanism is made possible by the efficient design of the axle and hanger assembly, along with the alignment in the bushing components.
- Skateboard Wheels: The Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 Polyurethane wheels (non-motorized) are designed to provide maximum resistance to the road friction, reverse drag, vertical stress due to the rider weight, and the reverse torque generated by the wheels themselves. At the same time, the remote can be used to generate optimum volume of reverse torque when you need to apply brakes to the skateboard. This dual torque mechanism makes the Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 highly safe and secure for the beginners.
The working mechanism of the Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 is derived as a coordinated equation between the deck design, motorized wheel construction, battery power and the strong polyurethane wheels.
- Cruising: You can use the constant throttling capacity of the Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 to cruise along the long distance roads. Here you don’t need to accelerate at any point of time. This phase of constant speed allows the skateboard to conserve energy. The task of turning on curves and balancing the center of gravity (body and the skateboard) also becomes simple and accurate.
- Navigation: The remote control can be used to navigate the Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 through busy roads and vehicle jams with ease. You may need to alter your body posture frequently for keeping the consistency in speed without having to accelerate. At the same time you need to focus on the deceleration and braking aspects very carefully. You can achieve this goal by keeping the skateboard speed under 5mph until you clear all the traffic congestions. Braking also becomes easy, fast, and safe.
- Best skateboard for the beginners with optimum speed and range.
- Top features for remote throttle and cruise control.
- Efficient working between 5-degree-F and 122-degree-F external temperatures.
- The skateboard has limited utilities for the intermediate level users. It may not be suitable for professionals after the completion of training stage.
The Swagtron Swagboard NG-1 is best for the beginners in the teen age group. You can learn the basic tricks of navigation, acceleration, and cruising from the efficient design and working mechanism. The other review you can read is on Lift Board. And you can click here for more electric skateboards reviews!