Maintaining cool electric skateboards isn’t just about cleaning and checking their components regularly. It also includes proper usage and storage, especially of the battery since it’s widely considered to be the most expensive part. Before knowing the correct process of cleaning and maintenance, check out the things that should be done while using an e-skate frequently.
Table of Contents
How to Use Electric Skateboard
- Avoid riding an electric skateboard during extreme weather conditions since any battery becomes weaker in both hot and cold temperatures.
- Make sure the battery’s fully charged before using it for the first time (check the instruction manual for the initial duration).
- As much as possible, only ride an electric skateboard if it’s fully charged to prevent draining the battery until it’s empty before the next recharge.
How to Store Electric Skateboard
- Keep the electric skateboard in a cool enclosed section of your home if you won’t be using it for weeks.
- Ensure that the storage area is protected from any source of moisture.
- Before storage, make sure that the electric skateboard battery is almost fully charged.
- Charge the battery in a 20-day interval even if you won’t be using it for months.
How to Clean Electric Skateboard
- Double-check if the electric skateboard is switched off and unplugged.
- Ensure that any electronic port is closed.
- Use a slightly wet fabric when wiping the deck and the system enclosure.
How to Check Electric Skateboard Parts
- Always check the tightness of both trucks so you can prevent loose screws or bolts.
- If you need to tighten a truck bolt, turn the wrench or skate tool clockwise.
- If you need to loosen an overly tight bolt, turn the tool counterclockwise.
- Lubricate the pivot cup and bushing in sufficient amounts regularly to prevent squeaky noises.
- Check the wheels and their sleeves frequently if they’re starting to wear out.
- Replace worn-out wheels and sleeves immediately.
Other Maintenance Tips
Always purchase electric skateboard components[Parts of An Electric Skateboard] from credible sellers. Brand-new parts are important to ensure safe and smooth rides. It’s not wise to buy secondhand wheels and the like to replace worn-out ones.
Additionally, it’s crucial to never clean electric skateboards with excessively wet cloths. Moisture is generally bad for electronics.
But, what if it rains while you’re still using your e-skate? Fortunately, there are simple ways to waterproof electric skateboards[How to Waterproof Your Electric Skateboard].