If you think washing grime off roller skate wheels is enough, think again. Can you imagine how dirty they are? Floors, roads, and terrains have countless microorganisms that can make you sick.
Not only that, your roller skates will have poor performance because of the increased friction on the wheels due to grime and dust.
See, your roller skates’ wheels need more attention. You should wash them with soap and rub their surfaces to significantly reduce the presence of germs and stubborn dirt. For a more thorough process, learn how to clean roller skate wheels carefully.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Clean Roller Skate Wheels
Fortunately, you just need four tools and materials for the process. To remove the wheels for easier cleaning, use an Allen wrench that can hold the screws perfectly. For pure cleaning, prepare a soft brush, dishwashing liquid, and paper towels.
Finally, here’s how to clean roller skate wheels:
- Pour warm water into a basin or bathtub.
- Add dishwashing liquid.
- Mix water and soap with the brush to make a sudsy solution.
- Remove the wheels’ screws with the Allen wrench (twist it clockwise).
- Let the wheels submerge in the soapy water for at least five minutes (or until the grime separates from the wheels).
- Softly brush the wheels.
- Rinse off the soap with warm water.
- Dry the wheels with paper towels.
- Re-install the wheels with the same wrench you used earlier (this time, twist it counterclockwise).
- Double-check the screws if they’re installed securely.
High-quality wheels from the best roller skates brands aren’t the only ones in dire need of constant cleaning when used frequently. All roller skate wheels deserve full attention when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. Your health and safety should be your number one priority, so it’s crucial to know how to clean roller skate wheels.