There are times when a certain model of skateboards brings to the user far more benefits or features than the price would offer. The Action Blink Lite is for all purposes suited to the most demanding of terrains with a drive train that is really up to any task thrown at it. It could well be the best off road electric skateboard on offer in the given price range. That the cost of a board is important factor considering the typical skateboarder that would place cost saving as a top priority.
Table of Contents
The Light Build
This skateboard could well be one of the lightest around and weighing in at just 7.7 pounds inclusive of the battery power pack. It has been made possible by the use of innovative materials in the construction that principally aims at keeping the weight of the board as low as possible. It would lead to a better handling ability as compared to a heavier build that is so commonly available in the market.
- The light weight provides for flexibility in that even the toddlers can use it to have a comfortable as well as a good ride. There is never a question of the board overpowering the rider with its own weight as some of the heavier pieces tend to do.
- There is a marked improvement in handling as compared to an older Action Blink S that in many ways gave a glimpse of the trend of the future.
- It must be said that the low weight of the skateboard has a lot to contribute to the long endurance of the board that would see the rider travel a good 5 miles on a single full charge.
- With a focus in keeping the weight low, the skateboard has had to do with low capacity battery that does tell in the performance to a large extent. If a typical batter of the size used on such a skateboard had been employed then it would have been possible to have a still longer range.
Speed of Travel
With one of the lowest weight to power ratios in the field, the Action Blink Lite does have a good top end speed. The 10-mph top end speed takes something to beat no matter the class of skateboard that is being compared to. With the really young folks this is an aspect that does sell to a large extent.
- It could be said that the skateboard does offer one of the highest speeds possible in its class. The top speed of 10 mph does allow for the quick coverage of the typical commuting distances that occur in the daily grind.
- Coupled with the wheel size of a 70 mm does provide for as comfortable ride as is possible. This could well be a strong selling point with a number of customers that is an improved feature as compared to the Inboard M1 skateboard model.
- The need to provide for a lighter skateboard to allow faster speeds has not been at the expense of the strength of the board. With the use of the latest in fiber bodies, the board does stand up to quite a bit of punishment as well.
- It is possible to apply the high speeds for rather small bursts only. The extended application of the top speeds could see the skateboard motor overheat to a fair bit.
For any transportation option, the motor or what is referred to as the prime mover, does play an important role in it success. With the Action Blink Lite, this factor has been provided a good thought as well as an equal effort as well. The top acceleration as well as the long ride duration of the rides is on no measure made possible with the best in terms of design of the motor used.
- The motor is powerful enough to afford a sufficient space for the target group that the skateboard is aimed at. This would mean that a maximum weight of 130 lbs is within the safe carrying capacity of the board.
- It must be said that the regenerative braking feature does produce a longer lasting ride as well as provides a smoother braking action. This does provide a smoother ride experience that cuts out on the possible jerky action that a typical hard braking could provide.
- With the ability to start off first from the blocks the skateboard does bring on a factor that older boards like the Atom B.36 Longboard have tried to achieve with a heavier motor in use.
- The need to keep the overall skateboard to as light a weight as possible has meant that some compromises have been attempted in the design of the motor. This can be telling when an attempt is made to have rides of longer duration without a rest in between.
The Safety Factor
There can never be a skateboard that can be labeled as being too safe and particularly one that stresses the importance of a fast pick up of speed. Thus sufficient safety measures must be implemented to keep both the rider as well as the board safe from harm.
- Even the rookie rider can use the skateboard to start off on the path of learning with this board. The motor and the battery pack have been provided with enough safe guards to ensure that the board is within the safest operational areas.
- The provision of a set of LED lights would bring on an added factor of improved visibility as well as produce a good effect to the sight.
- The reinforcements around the battery housing ensure that the power pack is kept protected against any misfortune and thus keep the rider and the skateboard safe under any conditions.
- The topic of safety has been stressed to breaking point with the Action Blink Lite. This has in many ways added to the costs of building a skateboard that for the most part would have little use for the extra safety features built in.